Kerala Agro Food Pro 2019
Today, Kerala's food processing industry serves two markets - the fast emerging domestic market and the steady-growing export market. The availability of raw materials, availability of skilled and trained man power; availability of high quality water and power; very active local market; a vibrant retail chain; successful track record of existing players and a very large expatriate community, ensuring a captive market abroad are the Kerala advantage.
Agro based raw materials available in Kerala for the Food and Agro based industry in Kerala are Jackfruit, Mango, Papaya, Plantain, Coconut, Cashew fruit, Spices, Pineapple, Rice, Tapioca etc. The growth of the industries based on these agro based raw materials will also encourage the farmers of these agro products which will further enhance the employment opportunities and economy of the state.
With this background it is proposed to conduct an exhibition on Food and Agro based industry processing and product inviting all interested parties and potential entrepreneurs so as to popularise the scope and potential in this segment. District Industries Centre shall co-ordinate the programme. MSME units in Agro-Food processing industries, potential entrepreneurs, and other stake holders can participate in the programme.
The Industries and Commerce Department had been organising ‘Kerala Agro Food Pro’ since 2016 for promoting innovate products/Technologies/Entrepreneurs/MSMEs in agriculture and food sector. Kerala Agro 2019 is scheduled at Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium Ground, Kaloor, Ernalukam from 20th – 23rd of December – 2019. The event aims at show casing the value added products from agriculture produces of Kerala such as Jack Fruit, Mango, Papaya, Rice, Plantain, Nutmeg, Coconut, Pineapple, Spices and Tapioca etc. MSMEs in Agro-Food Sector and machinery manufactures etc are the key exhibitors of this programme.
Details of the programme
The meet will include the exhibition of the product of Food and Agro based industrial units using agro based raw materials available from Kerala. It is proposed to conduct B2B meet with the manufacturers and prominent buyers within Kerala.
This proposal intends to include a State Level Food & Agro based Technology meet by involving the Major Technical Research Institutions inside and outside Kerala who are imparting technical knowhow to the Food & Agro based entrepreneurs.
The technology meet will surely paves the way for an opening to a wide variety of innovations and technical knowledge of Agro Food based products i the market. The entrepreneurs may get familiar with different aspects involved in the food processing industry includes canning , confectionery , bakery, agro based products, fruit products, vegetable etc along with the machineries involved.
So this State Level Technology meet helps a boost to the entrepreneurs engaged in the manufacturing of value added products of the upcoming and existing Agro Food based products and also finally helps to attain a fair price to the farmers/cultivators who are engaged in the production of the Agro & Food based items.
It is proposed to include Seminars and Technical sessions by major Technical Research Institutions within and outside Kerala for imparting technical inputs to the industry. Display of technologies and solutions required to upgrade and improve productivity and quality of units in the sector is also proposed as part of the Kerala Agro and Food Pro.
Technical Research Institutions
- Coconut Development Board,
- Kerala Agricultural University and its 7 Research Stations
- CPCRI Kasaragode
- SUBISHA , Perambra ( Coconut based products )
- CTCRI, Thiruvananthapuram ( Tuber based products)
- Banana Research Institute, Trichirapally.
- CFTRI, Mysore ( Agro based products)
- DFRL, Mysore ( Food based products)
- KVK, Pathanamthitta ( JACK & Other Food based products )
- KVK, Kayamkulam ( Jack & Other Food based products)
- Sahaja Samudra ( Millet based products)
- Kasambila Co-operative Society ( Agro based products)
- Spices Research Institute , Kunnamangalam, Kozhikkode)
- Kudal, Maharashra ( Mango & Jack based )
- Spices Board
- Kerala Veterinary ( Meat & Milk based )
- Meat Products of India.
- Central Marine and Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi
- Rubber Research Institute
- Krishi Vijnan Kendras
- Common Facility centre Changanassery and Manjeri
- Testing Labs engaged in the Agro Food based sector, Eg. Care Keralam
- Agro Food based Incubators
- Agro Food based machinery manufactures.
- Food & agro based units of the state
- Major Technical Research Institutions in the field
- Value added products from domestic agricultural produce
- Buyer –Seller Meet
- Technical Seminars, Technology up gradation
- Prominent Machinery manufacturers & suppliers from different parts of the country in food sector.
- Bar coding, packaging, labelling experts
- Domestic & international buyers
- To enhance manufacturing capabilities & competitiveness of Food & Agro based industry.
- Opportunities for National & International markets.
- To introduce new ideas and trends in Food & Agro Sector
- To update MSMEs about the latest technologies and manufacturing solutions
- To provide platform to MSMEs for direct interaction with domestic & international buyers
- For direct interaction with machinery manufacturers
- To encourage prospective entrepreneurs
- Cashew fruit
- National & International Buyers
- Raw material suppliers
- Food & Agro based Industries
- Existing Entrepreneurs
- Potential Entrepreneurs
- ED Club Members
- Technological institutions
- Professional college Students
- Technical Consultants etc